Tuesday, November 1, 2011

One Of My Faves

A few times each month I would love to share some of my favorite recipes with you!  I'm always up for trying new recipes, and I love when people share good ones too.

We went over Nate's parents last night for dinner, and Nate's mom made one of my favorite recipes that I passed on to her.  I actually got it from a friend during one of those email recipe exchanges, and it has been by far one of my all-time faves!  It's a great cold weather meal...total comfort food!  It's not the healthiest, but once in awhile I think it's totally okay.  Another plus...IT'S SO EASY!  So here it is:

Chicken Enchilada Casserole
1 (16 oz) sour cream
1 (16 oz) salsa
1 (10.75 oz) cream of chicken soup
1/4 c. diced onion
1 (8 oz) can chili beans, drained
6 (11 inch) flour tortillas, cut in strips
6 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
4 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350.
In large bowl mix: sour cream, salsa, soup, onion, and chili beans.
Layer bottom of 9x13 with 1/3 of tortilla strips.
Top with 1/3 of the chicken, 1/3 of the sour cream mix, 1/3 of the cheese .
Continue layering.
Bake 20-30 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!  If you end up making it, tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment